That is pronounced "Seize-in-Coat" at least by a few people. I can't get the other pronunciations but that is where I spent my afternoon. Our tutor Dr. Lynn Zastoupil wanted to take his class on "Making the British Raj" to a country house done in the "pure Indian style of Akbar." It is a very unique house in the English landscape because Sezincote (the name of the house which means "home of the oaks") is one of a kind - no other rich nabobs returning from making their fortunes with the East India Company wanted a house and gardens designed to remind them of India. But close to Oxford, in the Cotswold's area of England, sits Sezincote. We had a great visit this afternoon. I wish we could have taken pictures of the interior but here are some garden shots. It was very cloudy but at least it didn't rain!
1 comment:
Stefanie;
Sharon and I looked at all thid summer's pictures last night. We enjoyed the travel very much.
Charlied
Post a Comment