It has been an amazing three days of travel: flew to Switzerland, bus to France, scaled a couple of mountains, back to Switzerland, cruised on the lake, train to Paris, fabulous dinner with Tina and Fred - yeah, that about sums it up! There were many exciting moments along the way and I have a multitude of pictures to share once I am back in Oxford and can get them from my camera to the computer. The French Alps and the town of Chamonix were beautiful! Caroline and I had a spectacular time exploring the town and the different peaks around the town using a variety of types of transportation - bus, cable car, train, parachute, and mostly our feet! Geneva was very interesting (and very expensive) but I enjoyed the town and the area around Lake Geneva.
The train to Paris went through beautiful scenery. I have to do a little research to find out about this dual carriageway that looked like amazing engineering. Tina and Fred are wonderful hosts and today we are shopping, eating and catching up - it has been far too long!
No comments:
Post a Comment