Tuesday, July 31

Jumping Off Mountains

What do you do when you have a once in a lifetime opportunity to see the Alps?  You jump off the mountain!


... with a para-sail and a tandem jumping guide!

It was amazing! I met my guide at 8 AM at the bottom of Mont Brevard and took the ski lift up. He gave me instructions on everything I needed to do for a successful flight ("I tell you to run 1-2-3 and you run and Stand Up! Stand Up! Stand Up!) and we set sail for a 25 minute para-glide over the mountains and the town of Chamonix:


Sunrise over mountain on my way to para glide

Ski lift where we started to top where we took off from (on back side of mtn)

Walking to the starting point - the air was thin up here once you starting climbing up the incline at a quick pace!

My para-sail & guide


The View

It's about here that I took control of the sailing!


The instructions for landing were similar to the other instructions, "When your feet hit the ground, Stand Up! Stand Up! Stand Up! and RUUUNNN!"

                                    

And we made it:
My guide Laurent
                                     



2 comments:

charlie said...

I am so envious! I love the mountains and look forward to seeing more. You will be spoiled ahen you get back to East Tennessee.
DAD

cousin amanda said...

W. O. W. !!!!!!