

After going on the college grass (a treat because of thier rule that only certain people can walk on the grass), we had a five course served dinner. Just to make your mouth water... the menu:Sun Dried Tomato & Basil Soup
Pan Fried Fillet of Salmon with Wilted Spinach, Lime & Coriander Sauce
Char Grilled Guinea Fowl Supreme with Wild Mushrooms and Roasted Shallots
New Potatoes and a Medley of Fresh Vegetables
Chocolate Truffle Torte with Summer Berry Compote
Coffee and Mints
With coffee and mints we were entertained with battlefield tactics by Dr. Leslie Mitchell in his attempt to train our students to do battle with the British this summer. I was absolutely exhausted after all the entertainment!
Unfortunately I didn't get much sleep. At 2.15 this morning I was awoken to a loud knock and the slight panic of a student assistant whose fellow student assistant was very sick. I spent the next three hours trying to get them both settled. It turned out to be another very long and tiring day today because when I arrived at breakfast not only was Jenny still sick but so were the two male student assistants (Richard and Matt) as well as the President of the summer program and his son. In short, over half of our team was in bed for the day with a stomach virus! So far, I am still well but I am going to bed early now!
No comments:
Post a Comment