
For my last day in England, I visited the gardens at Rousham House. It was a warm day today. We took the short train trip (after I ran up and down the steps looking for the right train platform) to Heyford. The station at Heyford was just the platform, nothing else. It was a good thing we bought lunch before we left. We walked just over a mile to the house. I had heard it was not an attractive house but I thought it had good bones. The landscape garden was small but I enjoyed the formal gardens most. These gardens were peaceful and relaxing. It was a wonderful way to pass the day meandering through the gardens, mingling with the peacocks.
Now I am getting packed. I have decided to stay up as long as possible before leaving for the airport at 4 am. I think it will help me to sleep on the flight home. Tomorrow I'll be home in Tennessee!
2 comments:
njdqjbpTime for you to get started home. It is 3:00 PM in the UK. Have a safe trip home. Love DAD.
so glad you are coming home;hope to see you soon; you will think you left winter to go summer it is so hot here;r,says hello; take care;love ya. lucille
Post a Comment