Thursday, July 3

Living in College




I thought you might enjoy a few pictures of the wonderful place where I get to live this summer for a few weeks. Every summer the nicest people welcome us to St. John's College, Oxford. It is one of the oldest and largest of the Oxford colleges. The oldest section of the college is Canterbury Quadrangle (where my room is). From Canterbury you can enter the Great Lawn, the college garden. It is a beautiful garden and a very lovely place to relax in good weather.




Some of our students are fortunate to be housed in the older sections of the college. North Quadrangle is one of those areas that we are able to use for students rooms. There are also more modern additions to the college that we use for students. The really nice thing is that everyone has their own room and most are large spaces with a sitting area and bedroom.




At the end of the course we will have a graduation for the students and it will be held in the College Chapel. Since I will not be here at that point in the program, I'll go ahead and show you the Chapel - it is really lovely!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing Stefanie,it is a lovely chapel.I do hate you will not be there for graduation.
Barb