Today we visted Stowe House in the afternoon. Unfortunately the forecasters got it right this time: it really rained! My group went through the house first and I got a few decent pictures. They are in the process of restoring the house so we heard about that work. Our walk through the garden was limited by the rain. The grounds are really nice to explore on your own but this wasn't the day for a long walk. We all just packed our umbrellas, pulled out a jacket (I was a little cold until I added a few layers) and rolled up our jeans. It wasn't too bad! I will save the few pictures I have for the slideshow (if you haven't tried it, you can click on the slideshow and it will open a new window with larger images and some notes).
I went to the train station today and bought my tickets so tomorrow I am off to York! Other than the weather forecast it should be really fun. Even if it rains there are lots of inside places to visit. I'll be back Saturday night!
3 comments:
7-10-08
Hi Sweet Stefanie,
It is pouring down rain here too - a large tree just fell on our office roof but no one was injured. Sounds like you are having a great time regardless of the weather - thanks for sharing your travels and photos with us so that we can see those beautiful places through your lovely brown eyes. I miss you and am praying for your safe travels.
Love, Aunt Kay
Stefanie,
I just started reading your postings today. Thank you so much for sharing - makes me wish I was back in England. I love the pictures (especially of the secret garden). You know, you really ought to consider writing a novel as you are so talented & gifted with writing. Sounds like you are having a wonderful time - enjoy yourself. Your dad & Alex came over for dinner (along with Uncle Gene, Sandy & her sons, Everett & Marty) on Tuesday. Mama & Rhonda cooked a very delicious southern meal: fried okra, fresh corn, & green beans - and of course soup beans. We miss you, have fun and be safe.
Lisa
I miss you Stefanie!
But sounds, and looks, like you're having fun :)
I love you!
Claire
Post a Comment