Sunday, June 29

The Students Arrived


After several long days and late nights, the students have arrived at St. John's College to begin the summer program. Once we have registered the students, the male assistants help take them to thier rooms. They loved carrying some of the heavy bags the girls bring up steep steps to thier rooms! We will be having dinner in a few hours where all the teachers and staff will be recognized and introduced. After dinner will be a "Mixer" where everyone can mingle and get to know one another. It has been too long a day for me and I will probably leave early because tomorrow is another long day!

PS - For all of you already weary of the hot southern summer weather, please be envious of the beautiful weather we are having here. Although there was a few moments of spitting water today, the sky was clear and it was about 68 degrees with a breeze.

Update - Dinner was excellant. The after dinner Mixer was a bit empty but I still had work to do. We sell the students their books when they arrive and we always have problems getting at least one book. Tonight I am in the office copying the book. Wouldn't you know! The lights are all out in our office and the copy machine is having problems! I may just go to bed...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stefanie,
We are glad that you arrived safe in England. We wanted you to know we are thinking of you and praying for you daily. We missed you at church today.
All our love,
Joy & Wayne Trim

Anonymous said...

Glad to know that you got there ok. Your dad let me read your last email. Hope you don't get that flu. I am really missing you at the office. Have a wonderful trip.

Love,

Debbie Ottinger