Friday, June 27

Setting Up the Program

Since I arrived in Oxford on Wednesday afternoon, we have been busy setting up the British Studies At Oxford program in St. John's College, Oxford. Wednesday night we took a long walk along the river Isis to the Isis Farmhouse for dinner and then to the Roman church in Iffley before walking back. We really got to work on Thursday moving furniture and setting up our offices. We are getting close to being ready for the students to arrive on Sunday but we have a very long day ahead of us tomorrow.

My references to "us" and "we" should be explained. The program is for 108 (this year) undergraduate students from the United States (the majority from Rhodes College and The University of the South). Four of those students work for the program while they are here: Jenny, Colleen, Matt, and Richard. In addition, we sometimes have a graduate assistant to help: Robbie. I am working with them and the Dean of the Program to set everything up.

There is a five hour time difference between the UK and Eastern Standard Time. It is now 9.40 in the evening at St. John's and I am still working in the office. I did break for a wonderful Italian dinner! But, I still have lots to do before we start back to work in the morning!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good Evening Chickie! Glad you are there and hope you have a wonderful time!
Love, Misty