Saturday, October 1
Warsaw - Day 1
After a long night's sleep we started our day with a big breakfast at the hotel before setting out to see the River Vistula and walking through all of Old & New Town, Warsaw. I think we visited at least 10 churches today - and they say the South has the greatest density of church! The Bible Belt has nothing on Old Town Warsaw!
We had an amazing dinner tonight at a traditional Polish restaurant. Gil raved about the lard that was provided with bread as an appetizer. As you can imagine, I didn't try it! Janie had a traditional pierogi with meat and I had an amazingly good fried trout. Dad's favorite was the soup appetizer - four soups to try!
Tomorrow we walk the Royal Route and tour the Royal Castle!
Labels:
Travelling
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment