Saturday, April 16

Peru Day 9 - My Last Day in Peru

I'm alive! I did it!  And today I needed a little recuperation.  Time for a massage, last views around Cusco and last minute shopping then off to the airport for a long set of flights home.  It was a very nice surprise to find a festival taking place in the Plaza del Armas for my last day in Cusco.  After my massage (an hour for about $25), I returned my rented hiking poles and enjoyed the many groups who were dressed to represent their area of Peru in both dress and dance performance.  It was apparently the anniversary of some bank that was hosting the event but it was a fun and colorful festival to enjoy as I wandered the square, did my shopping and had a last lunch at the delicious Inca Cafe on the square.

No comments: