I am so excited to announce that the finished quilts are back! Evelyn did a beautiful job finishing the quilts. I think I said before that I completed the entire quilt top and sent it, with the material for the backing, to Eveyln to put the three layers of the quilt together. There are not very many people who do hand-quilting these days but I had hand pieced the top so I wanted it all done by hand. I am so pleased with the finished quilts and I think Ashley and Alex are as well. I made Ashley & Alex identical (nearly) Sunbonnet Sam quilts. Here is the end result:



Now here is a picture of my quilt:

For details of these blocks, see my post on 19 January 2009!
1 comment:
Hi Stefanie, I came upon your blog by accident while looking at the website of The Tin Roof Cafe and saw something about the McCarter Family and quilts and immediately was aware that you had made the quilts. I am so happy to know that you are involved in quilting. Handmade quilts are almost a lost art. I have made several myself and love to quilt. It looks like you have done a beautiful job and I know Ashley and Alex are very happy with them. I think of your family often and all the good times I had while working at the office. I will always think of your daddy as "my boss" and I still call him my boss even though I have been gone for several years. I hope he is doing well. I know this has been a hard year for your family and I think of you often. I think about stopping by the office sometimes when I am in town but I just know how busy Charlie can be and I hate to bother him and take up his time. However, I just wanted you to know how proud I am of you for doing quilting and I am sure your mother would be equally proud as she always was. We love you all.
Post a Comment