| Trail Features: | Waterfalls, Old growth forests | ||||
| Trail Location: | Roaring Fork Motor Nature Trail | ||||
| Roundtrip Length: | 5.4 Miles | ||||
| Total Elevation Gain: | 1685 Feet | ||||
| Avg. Elev Gain / Mile: | 624 Feet | ||||
| Highest Elevation: | 4285 Feet | ||||
| Trail Difficulty Rating: | 8.77 (moderate) | ||||
| Parking Lot Latitude | 35.67582 | ||||
| Parking Lot Longitude | -83.48527 | ||||
With a completely dismal forecast yesterday, I determined that I didn't really want to go for a long walk alone in the cold and rain. So I re-thought my plans and decided an early Sunday morning hike, a little shorter but still moderately strenuous, was in order.
I was the second car in the car park and off I went. It was not a particularly pretty trail in the late spring. Nothing was blooming and although it followed the river the views of the river were not great. Then about a mile from the top it started sleeting. But I pushed through and made the entire trip in about 3 1/2 hours - pretty good for me I thought. I might have enjoyed the trip down more except I desperately had to use the restroom but there was no coverage and lots of people on the trail. When I finally got back to the parking area it was astonishing to see all the cars.
No comments:
Post a Comment