Tuesday, March 3

Cambodia to Thailand - Day 17: Traveling

It was a long drive (by private mini-bus) from Battambang to the Bangkok but we arrived!  We made it through the border relatively easily - we left early just to get ahead of the local bus.  There was a lady in a blue suit who cut line in front of us at the exit to Cambodia.  She didn't seem to care.  We had to change vehicles at the border.  You are not allowed to tour in Thailand without a local guide and you are assigned a guide by the government (so that you cannot choose who you have but they rotate).  It was not an especially interesting 4 hours from the border to Bangkok.  We were in two mini-vans.  The roads were a HUGE improvement over all those we had previously but... that meant we moved faster along a a large road with very little to see along the way.

I was really hoping to get to see the Palace in Bangkok but we didn't make it in time.  Instead I re-packed my bag, scheduled a cab for 4.45 AM and headed to a last dinner with my Intrepid Tour-mates.  So I guess I'll just have to plan another trip to see Thailand!

No comments: