Saturday, November 1

Photography Field Trip Re Deux

My photography course (Fundamentals of Digital Photography) is ending. Today I went on the final field trip. This time our destination was Cades Cove. I learned a lot of things from the last field trip but most important was not to go with the group. Another student in the class, Jessica, and I followed the guide but we did it behind the full class - it is just too chaotic having 40 people take the same shot! Plus, Jessica and I wanted the freedom to stop at other sites we found interesting. The pictures turned out much better!

Our itinerary included the John Oliver Cabin, the Primitive Baptist Church and cemetery, the Methodist Church, the Old Mill (where they were making apple butter), and the Tipton Place. Jessica and I also stopped for interesting trees and flowers and, of course, deer! I took over a hundred pictures today but I'll spare you the details. Below are a selection of my favorites.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loved the photo. I have a lot of the same shots at home. Over the years we have repeated our trip back to Cades Cove. Just this year James and I did the Cove by bicycle. We loved it. A little slow but much better than in the car. Hope to do it again. One of our favorite places to go. Keep up the good work.
Dolene Bobbitt