A Baby Dedication is a ceremony in which parents make a commitment before the Lord and the Church family to submit a child to God's will and to raise that child according to God's Word and God's ways just as Hannah dedicated her son:
As surely as you live, my Lord, I am the woman who stood here beside you praying to the Lord. I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him. So now I give him to the Lord. For his whole life he will be given over to the Lord. And he worshiped the Lord there. ~ I Samuel 1: 26-28
Today Ashley & Heather brought Charleston Elizabeth before God and the Church and dedicated her and themselves. Here she is on the big screen:
They chose this scripture for Charleston:
People were bringing little children to Jesus for him to place his hands on them, but the disciples rebuked them. When Jesus saw this, he was indignant. He said to them, Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it." And he took the children in his arms, placed his hands on them and blessed them. ~ Mark 10: 13-16
The Dedication Ceremony:
 |
| Minister Craig Mintz performed the Dedication |
Charleston had lots of family there supporting and loving on her:
 |
| With Dad, Mom & Big Brother |
 |
| With her Poppa and Mimi |
 |
| With Uncle Charles & Aunt Brenda |
 |
| With Uncle Alex & Auntie Stefanie |
 |
| With Aunt Brenda |
 |
| With Poppa & Sharon |
No comments:
Post a Comment