One of my FAVORITE places in the Smoky Mountain National Park is Metcalf Bottoms. You have beautiful scenery, an easy hike to a historical schoolhouse, the river to play in and picnic tables for picnicking. It may also be a favorite because of all the great memories I have here of family picnics through the years. A couple of years ago we re-instated the tradition and I am SO glad. Last year we had a great time although we got a little wet:
So I booked the pavilion for this year and it was a beautiful day in the mountains:
 |
| The guys overseeing the grilling |
 |
| Intrepid explorers of the deep woods |
 |
| Let's all stick together and make Lizi go first |
 |
| Alex is just backup - someone has to help carry this "walking stick" |
And we have so many more pictures from this day (along with some other Johnson Family reunion pictures and pictures from the baby dedication that morning). You can check them out by clicking
HERE!
Did you know that you have to book the pavilion a year in advance? The park opens booking ONLY 365 days in advance. SO, mark you calendars for September 21, 2014! But if the weather is good, we're moving back by the river - I'm just saying!
No comments:
Post a Comment